WJS Canada has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and would like to inform you of the following temporary policies and procedures to be implemented, effective immediately.
These policies have been developed from the information available from the local, provincial and national health agencies. We continue to monitor this information to ensure we are acting in a manner that is responsible and fair to clients, staff, families and the communities we serve.
In situations such as this, we feel strongly that we must remain informed and act in the best interest of clients, staff and our community. Currently, we are implementing the following policies and procedures:
- At WJS, we are reducing if not eliminating visitors to our offices or programs until further notice.
- Where it is deemed necessary to enter our worksites, visitors and staff are required to wear masks upon entry and at all times practice social distancing/sanitation rules.
- No one is permitted to enter our worksites if they are experiencing symptoms of Covid or if required to be in isolation.
- At WJS, we are fully equipped for virtual meetings, and though our offices remain open, we are currently restricting face-to-face client meetings until further notice.
- We encourage our clients to “meet” with us by phone or video conference. To assist with this, we have audio/video conferencing solutions with full screen sharing capabilities. If you or your organization currently has its own conferencing solutions that you prefer to use (such as Zoom or Skype), please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Transmittal & Delivery of Documents
- To assist with our safety initiatives, we encourage you to send your materials to us electronically.
- If you must deliver document hard copies, you may drop off at our front desk/s during regular business hours. As much as possible, please refrain from placing shipping contents in plastic bags, as we understand that the COVID-19 virus remains active on plastic surfaces for longer periods of time. Please ship/deliver packages in paper/cardboard containers/envelopes.
To ensure our staff remain healthy, we have increased accessibility and visibility of hand sanitizer in our offices (as available) and have implemented enhanced cleaning and hygienic procedures as recommended by the various health authorities, including:
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high use surfaces and areas.
- Increase the frequency of hand washing/sanitizing.
We continue to follow the directives of the Federal and Provincial Health authorities to ensure that we navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s health and well being in mind.
We are all in this together. We appreciate your patience, kindness, consideration and understanding at time like this.
Thank you for your business and for your continued support.
Additional COVID-19 Related Resources
- BC CDC
- Government of Canada takes action on COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – USA: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/prepare/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html
- World Health Organization (WHO)
If you have questions regarding our COVID-19 policies and procedures, please contact email@example.com.